In Building BDA Cellular / Radio Systems
Getting the desired radio signals into and out of buildings is a challenge that concerns every radio-system operator and user. Critical communications can be disrupted by radio-signal attenuation caused by the building structure. It is important to provide communication between the outside world and the building interior, as well as communication between floors or through walls within the same building.
Are you experiencing that increasing problem of no cellular or radio coverage inside your facility? Whether it's a manufacturing plant, commercial building or parking garage that can create problems such as:
The solution is use of in-building systems, often know as bi-direction amplifier (BDA) systems, that bring wireless signals from outside the structure, amplify the signal and then evenly distribute that signal throughout the structure. This is a complex engineering issue that requires proper analysis and installation. Lakeland Communication Service has the skills to handle your requirements.
We offer two of our more sophisticated applications:
- Bi-directional and Line Amplifiers feature specialized traits made to maximize wireless offerings across various bandwidths and services including all public safety, commercial and private networks. No matter what the wireless offering, passband, gain or IP3 level, the In-Hancer Series offers the ideal solution for you to extend two-way voice and data wireless communications into buildings, tunnels and other challenging RF shielded structures. Bi-Directional Amplifiers (BDA's) We offer the most comprehensive selections of broadband bi-directional amplifiers in the industry. Covering frequencies and service offerings in the 400 MHz, 800 MHz, 900 MHz, and 1.9 GHz spectrum range, our BDA's are equally capable of providing full-spectrum linear amplification within their passband.
- Uni-Directional Amplifiers (UDA's) In addition to our comprehensive line of bi-directional amplifiers, also Uni-directional Amplifiers covering frequencies and service offerings in the 400 MHz and 900 MHz spectrum range.
- All US Cellular, PCS and iDEN carriers including Cingular Wireless, Verizon Wireless, Sprint PCS, AT&T Wireless, T-Mobile, Qwest Wireless, US Cellular, Alltel, Midwest Wireless, Cellular One, Nextel, SouthernLINC and Mike (Canada.)
- All US cellular technologies including GSM, EDGE, CDMA, TDMA, AMPS (Analog) and iDEN.
- Use in homes, residences, businesses, cars, boats, RV's, Construction Trailers
Our Engineers and System Design Specialists are available to help you design the proper amplifier/repeater system for your particular situation: To request free consultation by phone, call
Things you need to know:
- Most amplifier/repeater systems are designed to cover a single band or carrier. Wireless Advisor can help you determine the correct band in your area or you may contact our engineers.
- In order for an amplifier/repeater system to function properly, you must have adequate separation between the interior and exterior antennas and you must have a bulkhead between the two antennas (i.e. the roof of your building). The amount of separation required is dependent upon the particular system you chose.
- You must be able to pick up a usable (typically -90dBm or better) signal outside of your building. Our systems can pull an existing signal into a closed structure but they cannot create signal where one does not exist.
- All of the systems offered by Lakeland are FCC approved and provide variable gain control to adjust power to cell tower standards.
- Chicago Fire Department
- Downtown High Rise Buildings
- Local School District
Ask us about VoIP (Communications over the Internet) Connect and Link multiple building as if on one radio system using the internet.